Rules, Guidelines and Eligibility
- The Kyrenia Opera Cyprus Vocal Competition is open to classical singers who are legal residents of the United States or the European Union.
- The competition is judged entirely by online submission of pre-recorded videos.
- Applicants may apply regardless of current place of residence.
- Applicants must be at least 18 and no more than 32 years of age, as of December 1, 2023.
- Previous applicants are eligible to apply.
- Young Artist Division: Ages 24-32 as of December 1, 2023.
- Student Division: Ages 18-23 as of December 1, 2023, who are enrolled in a College/University/Music School or private instruction.
- Young Artist Division: $1000 to be used for advancement in classical singing.
- Student Division: $1000 to be used for advancement in classical singing.
- Cyprus Singer Award: $1000 to be used for advancement in classical singing for a singer who is a citizen of the Republic of Cyprus. Ages 18-32.
- A committee of adjudicators chaired by international opera conductor and vocal coach Benton Hess will select a winner from each division.
- All contestants must perform/submit two arias or one aria and one song in different languages.
- All selections must be sung in the original language.
- Contestants will be judged on beauty of voice, technical skill, musicality, diction, expression, potential for professional career, and overall performance.
Video Recording Guidelines
- Videos must not have been recorded before January 1, 2022.
- Pre-recorded accompaniments (piano/orchestra) are acceptable.
- Any venue for video recording is acceptable.
A $60 USD non-refundable application fee is required upon completion of the application.
All materials must be submitted no later than June 15, 2023.
Special Awards may be granted based on the judges’ recommendations. The judges reserve the right not to grant an award in any category. The judges’ decision is final.
If you have any questions please send an email to email@example.com